Amazon Web Services India has already established its stronghold among a variety of industrial verticals in the country. AWS Managing Director Iain Gavin might consider flexibility as the core advantage of their cloud solutions, but cost-effectiveness is undoubtedly the equally amazing aspect and the growing AWS users in India agree to it. If you are about to choose among the top cloud computing service providers, read the following discussion and know how these two important advantages can be best enjoyed with AWS.
The Pay-as-you-use Factor:
A host of Amazon cloud services follow this pricing model which brings together the advantages of flexibility as well as cost-saving. Some of the most notable of these services include:
- Amazon S3: The Simple Storage Service (S3) allows flexible data storage and retrieval in any amount, at any time and from anywhere. No minimum fee is charged and the users pay for what they use.
- Amazon EC2: The Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service offers resizable cloud computing capacity that can be increased or decreased as per your requirement. While flexibility is the main draw here, you pay for EC2 instances on hourly basis with no upfront payments or at the irresistible discounts of up to 75%.
- Amazon SimpleDB: Database administration can be burdensome, expensive and complicated. SimpleDB offers flexible DB administration and that too in a highly secure and cost-saving manner.
- Others: Other Amazon cloud computing services offering agility, scalability and cost saving include SQS (Simple Queue Service), EMR (Elastic MapReduce), Import/Export and many more.
Freedom to Choose:
When you decide to build a business application on cloud, what matters is the freedom to choose the platforms of your choice. Amazon Web Services offer unparalleled flexibility in this direction as it allows you to select among:
- Popular programming languages like .Net, PHP, Java, Python, Ruby and others.
- Databases like MySQL, MS SQL, Perconna, MongoDB, Oracle and more.
- Web servers like Tomcat, Apache, JBoss, GlassFish and more.
Flexibility and Cost-saving Go Hand-in-hand:
The discussion so far highlights one important point that the users of AWS support services are able to enjoy flexibility and cost-effectiveness simultaneously. One great example in this regard is that of Amazon Auto Scaling which maintains balance between performance, costs and requirements when you use Elastic Compute Cloud. There are several other examples that prove this point.
Is AWS For You?
If you are serious about migrating IT infrastructure, application development, storage and other critical business-influencing aspects from on-premises to cloud, AWS is the perfect choice for your business. Considering that the small and medium business (SMB) section in India is huge and prospering, Amazon cloud solutions offer great cost-saving advantages. In addition, there are other benefits of Amazon Web Services support, including:
- Ease of use
- Scalability which again is an extended benefits of flexibility
Considering that your business growth is highly dependent on information technology, it is important that you save IT operation costs while enjoying flexible solutions with AWS.